Thank you all for your kind words and quotes and poems. I greatly appreciate it and I printed them all out to include in a memory box I made. Peaches and Jack the cat seem fine and are enjoying the extra attention. This is the first time I've only had 2 pets in about 20 years. We do plan to adopt a dog in the next 6 months though if I can find one that likes large spoiled house rabbits .

I am surprised at all the extra time I have now that I'm not caring for a sick pet so I've decided to institute a May knitting challenge. I plan to see how many pairs of socks I can knit in one month. I did this before in September of 2004 and managed 11 pairs although I don't think I'll do that well. I started a thick pair for DH last night during the very exciting Red Sox game. I also plan to knit a lace edging for some pillowcases out of this bridal satin I found on sale.