Here is a very quick wrap skirt made from cotton broadcloth (which I can tell wrinkles very easily - sigh) and Kwik Sew pattern 2946. This can be made in an afternoon and I added an extra button.




I added the button because I can. I am now the proud owner of 8 lbs of buttons (for $10 - a great deal from FabricMartFabrics). I spent about 3 hours sorting them all.



Here is the beginning of the PGR sock (free pattern download at the Interweave Knits web site in the current issue section). I ended up changing my color choice, going with what I call "circus colors." What can I say? I like bright colors.



I'm doing these top down instead of toe up and as you can see the top is curling. That is because I was very distracted while I was knitting and did stripes but not ribbing. I'm calling it a design element. You may have read last summer about the various creatures that somehow get into this house. This year is the year of the birds. They are mysteriously getting in our wood stove chimney which whirls around on top and is at least 4 feet above the roof. Last week I was sitting on the floor cutting some fabric and nearly had a heart attack when right next to me a bird pecked on the window part of the wood stove. We got the bird into a cat carrier and got him outside. Then DH put screening in the top of the chimney.

Yesterday it was a baby bird in the stove pipe (I don't know how because we can see there is no nest inside) so DH had to come home early and rip out the stove pipe and move the stove and the bird still wouldn't come out until this am when DH reached into the top part of the stove and grabbed him and put him outside. Anyway, we decided to leave the stove pipe off and stuffed newspaper in the top of the pipe in the ceiling. Under we're putting a hamper and cat beds with blankets in case any thing falls through the pipe.

Here's someone who is very interested in the idea of birds flying through our house. Jack the cat is already setting up shop near the wood stove.