I have three FO's to show today. I made these thick socks for DH (he hikes 20 miles a week and only wears thick socks for this purpose) out of a double thickness of Paton's Country Garden DK wool yarn and size 6 needles. I used 32 needles and the usual 8 inches of K2P2 ribbing he insists on. I continued the ribbing down the foot of the sock just to do something different this time.

I always go a bit bonkers at this time of year. I'm not a hot weather person and the beginning of the hot weather here makes me crazy. This year I've decided I'm going to battle the heat by making lots of lightweight summer clothes.

I made the shirt for DH who also needs more summer clothes. He picked out this fish fabric and unbeknownst to me, the fabric is only 3 directional. In other words, there is only one direction of this fabric where all the fish are upside down or sideways. Guess which direction of fabric I used? It is hard to tell but it has a pocket and a nice back yoke. I really like this pattern and plan to make him four or five more shirts in various fabrics. This one is a quilting cotton bought on sale and the pattern is Kwik Sew 2935.

Last is a fun skirt made of a cotton broadcloth. The pattern is Kwik Sew 3108 and it was anything but quick. Because of a fabric imperfection I had to cut out all 16 pieces separately. Then I didn't like the way they did their elastic waistline so I ripped that out and did my usual elastic waistline. I also had to redo some of the tops of the godets once I figured out how to fix them. I do like the silhouette and definitely plan to make this skirt again in a heavier fabric. I notice I twirl around a lot while wearing this skirt.

Today I'm going to start a new project - a free PGR colorwork sock pattern download from Interweave Knits. (I lost the URL but go to Interweave, then choose knits, then choose current issue, then look for the Bazaar Socks.) I chose the six colors randomly but am not sure I can live with them.