The Aran Sandal Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks are done. I'm going to wait until I get the scanner next weekend to post photos so you can see all the patterning in glorious detail. I definitely have enough Cormo yarn left over to knit Merike's gloves from Folk Knitting in Estonia. The Aran Sandal Socks were very enjoyable to knit and I often wonder why I don't do more texture work.







Lisa of Blogdogblog sent me a wonderful gift - the four Sanquhar patterns from the Scottish Women's Rural Institute that I'd been unsuccessful in ordering from their web site. The kind of darkish photo is the pair I want to make - they are called the Shepherd's Plaid design. Thanks Lisa for being so kind and thoughtful!



Next week I have a few winter Santa Fe photos to post. No snow and the Christmas lights didn't really show up in the photos but you'll get the idea.