I'm trying to think about what projects I want to finish up before the end of 2003. Obviously this list includes Kristi's mittens, the Aran Sandal Socks, and the multi-directional scarf which are all in progress. I think I will try to do one more project from Folk Knitting in Estonia, most likely some socks since I have a ton of sock yarn. Since DH will be home a lot, it needs to be a pretty mindless sock pattern.



I think I've been reasonably productive in 2003 despite a lot of chaos. 2004 will likely have more chaos as DH is applying for academic jobs all over the country - most likely in the midwest and eastern US. I still haven't decided if I want to adopt a rescue rabbit now or after we move. I want a rabbit now of course but don't want the worry of keeping one healthy on a cross-country trip.



Here is a photo of the VK Peruvian patterned glove in progress with the scalloped edge turning up a bit. I have decided to return to this project after the holidays although I'm not sure if I will cut off the gauntlet or not. I decided I didn't like the willy-nilly look of the finger patterning in the book so I just went with solid colors. Pretty wild, eh? I may need to start wearing sunglasses while knitting them.











Robin, the new photos at the top of the blog are Robin Hansen's Fox & Geese & Fence mittens and the hot pink Rosebord mittens from a kit from Nordic Fiber Arts.