Wedgwood Socks



I'm getting in the Christmas mood. These are the Wedgwood socks from Socks, Socks, Socks - I added the Merry Christmas and gave these socks away in a swap a few years ago.

Santa is giving me some yarn money. This is my big chance to buy the sweater kit for the Ron Schweitzer Pine Forest vest but I've been reading Flor's blog about her experiences with the Shetland 2000 yarn and now I'm not so sure. Flor showed on her blog how the colors photograph much differently if you're not using a flash. I suspect I'll get bored working on a design in only natural, grays and black.

I may buy the Virtual Yarns Lismore pillow kit instead. I love Lismore - it may be my favorite AS design - but I'm not sure how often I'd wear the sweater. A pillow I can always use.

Cindy stated in my comments that Elann is also coming out with a Peruvian collection fingering weight wool/silk combo so I will save up for that and for more Baby Cashmere if I like it. And Mary was talking about her beloved Bernat Aero circular needles. I have heard they are the circs that AS uses (long tapered tips) so I will spring for some of those from Beehive Wools. For some reason they don't sell Aeros in the US.