THE BEST OF 2003



I guess my favorite project this year would be the Spin-Off entrelac socks done in handspun Easter egg dyed Merino. Runners up would be the Aran Sandal Socks (pictured yesterday) and Meida's mittens from Folk Knitting in Estonia in softer-than-soft Richesse et Soie.



My best knitting accomplishments this year include finishing St. Enda and the Sirdal cardigan. My most gratifying knitting was all the rabbit stuff I knit for the Colorado chapter of the House Rabbit Society.



My best purchases this year would certainly be Debbie New's Unexpected Knitting and the Cascade 220 I got on sale at Webs to make Malin for around $40. Also, I bought the Threads Knitting Around the World compilation at a used bookstore for a few dollars - I think this one is relatively hard to find and priced high on Ebay.



The best knitting publication isn't a knitting magazine at all - Spin-Off rules with the most creative inspiration for knitters. My best knitting gifts this year were my Ott-Lite and my music stand, both from DH.



THE WORST OF 2003



The award for worst knitting magazine goes to all of them. I can't vote on worst knitting book because I haven't seen all of them. My least favorite yarn this year was Emu Superwash DK - it just doesn't feel that great and I'm still unsure whether I'll finish Trondheim in it. I'm pretty picky about yarn though so your mileage may vary.



My worst knitting disaster was the beautiful Dale of Norway baby sweater in slippery superwash Norwegian Sport wool that started to disintegrate in the washing machine. sigh My worst knitting project was by far Kristi's mittens that I just finished - everything that could go wrong did. More on that tale of woe tomorrow.



By far the worst of 2003 was losing our beloved pet rabbits Flip (so named because he liked to flip on his side as shown) & Snickerdoodle (in one of his baby photos).













We still miss them terribly however I have it on good authority that an extra large female bunny with attitude may be moving here sometime soon to take up the slack.