I am knitting away on Sirdal and St. Enda. St. Enda is MUCH more enjoyable these days as I'm at the dreaded "boring part" on the Sirdal body. Once you enter the world of color knitting and charts you'll find that you cannot stand knitting plain sections anymore. Even the lice pattern on Sirdal is just completely boring. I'll start knitting then my mind will wander and I'll get up and start doing something else. Every time I knit a sweater with a plain stockinette stitch section I vow never to do it again. It takes a lot longer to knit one color believe it or not. There's nothing more engrossing than a good two or more color chart, especially one that is so complicated you can't memorize the pattern. I'm addicted.



I'm a two-handed knitter. For two colors I'll hold one color in my left hand and knit continental and the other color in my right hand. If there are more than two colors I'll hold the third color in my right hand also, kind of intertwining the yarns in different fingers if that makes any sense. Initially I used to hold the background color in my left hand but I just read in Knitting Fair Isle Mittens and Gloves that Shetland knitters hold the background color in their right hand because if you're a two-handed, right-handed knitter the stitches made with your left hand will be larger and thus dominant. I closely examined my knitting and it was true. So to recap - I now hold the background color in my right hand (stitches will be slightly smaller) and the contrast color in my left hand.