Since it is Monday I'll start with my fiber goals for this week. First, I'd like to knit through pattern 2 on the body of the Sirdal cardigan and order the buttons from Bea Ellis Knitwear. I'm not ordering the braid at this time because I think the amount specified in the pattern is too much. 7/8 of a yard just to go around both wrists? I'll wait until I'm completed with the sweater and measure myself. Last week I probably knit about 10 inches on it, all in the boring lice pattern.



I'd like to finish another pattern repeat on the Alice Starmore St. Enda - I think I did 1 1/2 pattern repeats last week. And I'd like to spin up about 4 oz of the gray alpaca I combed out last week.



Has anyone seen the pattern and kits for the Magical Mittens? I know Herrschners and a few other online vendors have these. All of them say they take two skeins of Richesse et Soie (cashmere/silk) but when I received the pattern and the yarn I found out you also need a skein of Douceur et Soie (mohair/silk?). I'm not sure 2 skeins of Richesse et Soie are enough for a pair of mittens for my friend Gracie so I need to come up with plan B.



I took out probably my favorite knitting project book, Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush, and decided to make Meida's Mittens so I can leave the upper part of the mitten in cashmere/silk and the bottom will be patterned in some Nylamb from the stash. It is almost as soft as the cashmere. I will get started on those this week also. The Meida's mittens will be my 6th project from the book -here's a photo of Sander's mittens with the fun diagonal fishtail cuff done in some two-ply Alice Starmore Hebridean yarn.