Welcome to my knitting blog! My name is Nanette, I live in a passive-solar house on 2 acres outside of Albuquerque, NM, with my husband Bruce, 2 spoiled house rabbits, and 3 cats. I'm the author of 'Tis the Season: A Vegetarian Christmas Cookbook (Simon & Schuster, 1995).



I own a Ashford Traveler spinning wheel and many beautiful spindles and I want to learn how to weave tapestries this year. But my main passion in life is knitting especially Norwegian designs. My current works-in-progress are the Dale of Norway Sirdal cardigan (photo here at Allegro Yarns), the St. Enda sweater from Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore, and a traveling stitch vest.



I'm waiting on some plum Richesse de Soie (cashmere/silk blend) to make some mittens for my friend Gracie. I've never worked with cashmere before and I can barely wait. Here are some photos of my work - Landra's Gloves from Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia knit in Stahl Baby Merino











and the Selbu Star Gloves from Vibeke Lind's Knitting in the Nordic Tradition knit in Country Garden DK.