Lots of Orange Socks

Thank you so much for your help with charting in Excel and also finding solid sock colors! Please check yesterday's comments for some great links to solid color sock yarns. Also TheKnitter.com has some solid colors of Regia and she also sells Sisu - all with free shipping.

I'm looking forward to trying all the brands recommended in the comments, especially Simply Socks' solid color line - I just love those colors. It looks like I can now find solid sock yarn in any colors I want.  Also, I have decided not to try to use Baby Ull for socks as it does sound like the yarn won't wear well - thanks for that advice as well.

I finished some orange socks - first a pair of socks to wear while one of my favorite teams the San Francisco Giants are playing. I bought some Knit Picks' Stroll Hand-Painted yarn in theTiger colorway because it kind of reminded me of the team colors. Then I tried to use it for a stranded star pattern which wasn't really a success so I just did boring checks. Perhaps they will prove good luck to the team though if I wear them when they are playing. (BTW, if you look up "Baseball Socks" on Ravelry, Meredith Wills has a wonderful free pattern with charted out logos for all the MLB teams. There are several different versions of the pattern depending on the teams.)





And also in the orange theme I made some thick socks. I have wanted to use up this orange Kroy for years so I doubled the yarn for these socks and used size 4 (US) dpns. I used almost three skeins so I consider these socks more of a success.




Oops - I put the original chart in backwards - here it is for working a top down 72 st chart. Thank you Marcia for noticing this!