Tea Tree Fingerless Mitts


I wish I'd done better with these photos but my camera and I are not getting along lately. You can find the free pattern for these fingerless mitts HERE - they use four colors of the lovely Sunday Knits 3-ply sport weight yarns (Brigadoon Caper, Brigadoon Birch, Angelic Aqua and Eden Grape). The Brigadoon is a beautiful tweed with flecks of different colors which I hope you can see in the photo above.



I used size 2.25 mm dpns for the ribbing and size 3.0 mm dpns for the hand. The mitts fit a women's size large and the pattern has a sore thumb gusset and corrugated ribbing. Because I'm a two-handed color knitter, to do corrugated ribbing I hold the yarn to be knit in my left hand and knit continental and the yarn to be purled is in my right hand and I purl those stitches American/English style.


I think Bubbles approves! I can't blame the fact that she is blurry on my camera though. She becomes quite twitchy whenever I point the camera at her.