Sock Yarn and a Question

I received some questions in the comments about sock yarns. I have never knit with Dale Baby Ull at all - I bought it for some colorwork gloves I never made. I'm still not sure I will use it for socks as I also wonder how well it will wear.

I have had good luck with Regia and Opal but I haven't seen any solid colors of these yarns for a while. Does anyone know any sources?

Most of my stash is really old sock yarns. I gave up knitting stranded socks for years because I couldn't find many good stranded patterns or a great selection of solid colored sock yarns. Fortunately there are some great stranded sock patterns out there now. I have used Knit Picks Stroll which I do not think is tightly enough spun to be really hard wearing so I am babying those socks.

I ended up buying more sock yarns from Nordic Mart to use for my sock challenge next month. Drops Fabel is also another new to me sock yarn; it is less soft but more tightly twisted than Stroll for about the same price. I'm thinking it will last longer than socks with Stroll. The Drops Delight is for the Moose Socks and maybe these Drops socks. Drops Delight is unplied like Knit Picks' Chroma but maybe combining it with a traditional sock yarn will help with durability.




I still want more solid color sock yarns for colorwork. I need to get some Cascade Heritage to try for colorwork. Also I'd like to knit some stranded socks with Sandnes Sisu.

Here is one last question I recently received. I use Stitch Motif Maker 3 for charts and there is a menu option to export the files to .JPG files.

I have designed several stranded projects -- but on regular graph paper. Then transferred manually to an Excel graph with an .xls suffix. I am looking for a way to create a stranded graph in a format that can be saved and edited and inserted in a blog or on Ravelry. Any suggestions or directions on how I can accomplish this?

Does anyone know how to insert a .xls graph into a blog?