Bunny Fun Felted Rabbit

I am a huge admirer of Katharine Hepburn's work. She always played intelligent, fearless women and Bringing Up Baby and Philadelphia Story are two of my favorite movies of all time. She will be greatly missed. I'm hoping they'll rerun some of her movies this week in her honor so I can knit while enjoying her talents all over again.




I have received word from Jackie at HeartstringFiberArts and Bev Galeskas at Fiber Trends that I can use their designs for my rabbit shelter knitting project (Jackie's Knitted Bunny from a square and Fiber Trend's Bunny Fun felted rabbit - photo above). I'm impressed with the nice responses I've gotten from the four designers of rabbit-themed patterns and how happy they were to let me knit some of them in honor of Flip the big black wonderbunny.

I also received a note from John & Hillary Benish at Alderson Hospitality House. Here it is verbatim: "Dear Nanette, Thank you so much for the donation of yarn and materials for the women at the prison. We know they will occupy idle hours, learn skills, and give back to the community. Gratefully, John & Hillary."

If you would like to donate yarn or magazines or patterns (any kind greatly needed including partial skeins of any fiber yarn) to be used by women prisoners to knit for various charities, please send it to The Prison Yarn Project, Alderson Hospitality House, P.O. Box 579, Alderson, WV 24910.