It seems I spoke too soon about the fires in Albuquerque being out - tonight they started again in several places (arson) along the bosque and are bigger and threatening homes and livestock. We're far away on the other side of the Sandia mountains so no smoke here yet.



I did get a little work done today on Malin's ribbing. I do really enjoy using Cascade 220 for textured work and am going to buy some more for another Starmore sweater soon. I am also on my third bunnies & carrots hat. I'm still working on my handspun cat fur scarf and it is really going to be pretty. I've also tried to spin some of Snickerdoodle's fur and can get something halfway decent from his short fur if I use a spindle. It isn't a great yarn but is certainly durable enough to make something to remember him by. I may make a little bell and then do the same with some of Flip's fur I've saved. I think it is kind of neat to have something tactile to help remember a beloved pet.