Norwegian Selbu Star Gloves



Every now and then a knitting project comes along that I really enjoy and that works out really well. These are the Norwegian Selbu Star gloves from Knitting in the Nordic Tradition by Vibeke Lind (page 112) done in Country Garden DK made for DH. They are my favorite FO of 2002. They are soft and warm and I really like the way they look on DH.



One of my pet peeves is the way glove patterns have all four fingers start on exactly the same row. I've never seen a hand that looks like that so I changed the pattern so that the gloves will be more anatomically correct. You can see that the pinky starts right at the end of the hand pattern but that I did extra rows of black to accommodate the other fingers.

What will be my favorite FO of 2003? So far it is St. Enda but the year isn't over. Could be Malin, could be something else I haven't even started yet. I'm finally past the ribbing on Malin and am really getting into it.