Currently the beautiful bosque along the Rio Grande river is on fire (they suspect fireworks). I think it is contained now but all those beautiful centuries-old cottonwoods are gone. And in a tree-deprived place like Albuquerque that is really a loss. We used to enjoy walking there and visiting the Rio Grande Nature Center where they had to evacuate a lot of rescued wildlife tonight. Fortunately no occupied homes burned but I should really close the windows because I can smell smoke.



I'm amazed at how much more time I now have. I guess I was spending several hours a day tending to sick Flip. I'd like to adopt another special needs rabbit (disabled or chronically ill) that needs more attention one day but not for a while. I think maybe I'm going to like all this extra knitting time and we'd like to do more traveling to see all our friends in Colorado.



I've been impatiently waiting for my Sweaterscapes landscape socks pattern book so I can start an intarsia project. Now I'm also noticing a craving to do some real Fair Isle. I may order the Shetland 2000 to make the Ron Schweitzer Pine Forest vest pattern or perhaps the new Kirman sweater kit from Nancy's Knit Knacks. Kirman is knit on size 1 needles though and I'm not quite sure I'm up for that right now. Isn't it pretty though? I really like the colors and it is a decent price also for a sweater kit with that many different colors.



Jack the cat is thoroughly sick of all the focus on rabbits and feels only extra-large cats named Jack should be discussed from now on. Our cats aren't outdoors cats but I put him outside to take his photo with my outdoor only camera.