I'm finally up to date on reading old Knitlist messages and they had an interesting discussion on knitting guilt. I never feel guilty for knitting fortunately. I have a relatively clean house (as clean as it can be with all these pets) and plenty of time that I'd prefer not to spend on housecleaning. I think the key to keeping a house clean with the minimum amount of work is to be organized and reduce clutter. I have friends with cluttered houses who spend hours and hours cleaning each week and I can never really tell. I purposely don't have a lot of furniture and decorative doodads and everything has a place. Of course moving a lot helps you get rid of stuff also.





DH wants to get me an Ott-Lite for my birthday and it is definitely about time because there are already many knitting tasks (like seaming) that I've given up doing at night. I'm off to look at all the different styles and see if I can find a sale somewhere. Here's a photo of the view I look at from my knitting spot on the couch. The Russian olives have leaves on them now finally.