I had an email conversation with the Chapter Manager of the Colorado House Rabbit Society where there are hundreds of pet rabbits awaiting adoption. I asked her about ways I can help the shelter bunnies from afar and she asked for bunny-themed knitted items for their gift shop, auctions, and fundraisers. Now that I can do. If any of you know of any rabbit-related knitting patterns of any kind, please email me at nanetteb@compuserve.com.



I've already contacted several pattern writers for permission to use patterns to knit and send to the CO HRS. I was lucky enough to receive permission from Anne Bosch of Blackberry Farm to knit and donate the rabbit socks from the Pet Socks Pattern and from Barb Telford of Woodsmoke Woolworks to knit and donate her adorable bunnies and carrots hat. Barb also said I could use her other patterns for this purpose so I may also be making her bunnies and carrots baby sweater once I order the pattern.



While searching for more rabbit-related patterns to knit, I chanced upon the most interesting web site called VIP Fibers. They have a whole page of free knitting and crochet patterns for your handspun pet fur HERE including a knitted picture frame. VIP Fibers is a business with 4 employees that does custom pet fur spinning, knitting & weaving. There is a gorgeous Persian cat fur woven pillow. They also sell yarns so this is your big chance to buy a skein of Cocker Spaniel yarn.



Here's my first attempt at the bunnies and carrots hat in Lamb's Pride. As you can see there are tension issues with my stranding efforts between each rabbit. This weekend I made two more versions of this hat and I've decided not to strand but instead to leave long floats instead. I figure long floats really don't matter in a hat as much as they would in mittens or socks.