I'm procrastinating on the Trondheim and Malin sweaters. Can you believe I'm not thrilled about doing 3 inches of K1P1 rib with size 2 needles on 250 stitches? Instead I've been working on spinning up more cat yarn. It is a blend of fur from Bosco, my white flame-point Himalayan and Pumpkin, my black Persian. These two cats absolutely hate each other's guts so it is ironic that their fur works so well together. First I started the mitered mittens in Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac with the cat yarn. I thought the yarn was too compressed in feel. So now I'm knitting a stockinette stitch scarf in size 13 needles which shows off this yarn quite well.



Here is a photo of the cotton cards I use to blend the cat fur fibers and the purpleheart Bosworth spindle I'm using to spin the yarn. The resulting yarn is kind of tweedy and soft. This gorgeous spindle is not exceptionally fast or long-spinning but it almost never back spins. I wonder if those two things are related. Perhaps the speed demon spindles are also more likely to back spin? The Bosworth is perfect for this project and I'm quite happy at how uniform the yarn is with my relatively slapdash methods of carding and spinning.