Easter Egg Toe Up Socks

Here's a photo of a toe-up sock done in merino top I rainbow dyed with Easter egg dye, then spun, then plied willy nilly. I notice a lot of the socks in the Twister Sister's Sock Workbook are done this way rather than trying to ply the singles so the colors match up.






I thought I'd get a lot of knitting done during the Academy Awards but I didn't. I'm at a point in all my projects where I need to concentrate. I tried to do some of the cabled ribbing on the front piece of St. Enda but it was slow-going when I kept looking up to see how all the celebrities were dressed. I am doing the cables without a cable needle - kind of a pain at first but much faster than using a cable needle once you get the rhythm. I don't know if I'll continue without a cable needle above the ribbing though.

The weather was gorgeous this weekend and I got a lot accomplished dyeing with Easter egg dyes - both fiber and yarn. I seem to have better luck with Easter egg dye than Kool-Aid. I am not a good dyer because everything I do is always a huge surprise but that's part of the fun for me. I did dyeing on plastic wrap a la Twister Sister's Sock Workbook and then steamed it all in the microwave. I did some rainbow striping and some spot dyeing which was fun. I even did two skeins of wool in all the colors combined. I thought I'd end up with a sort of teal color but didn't cook it long enough and ended up with a gorgeous dusty rose. There is definitely a rose-colored Spontaneous Scarf in my future.