I was using Rauma Gammelserie for the Norwegian gloves and was not enjoying the process. I'm sure they would wear like steel but it felt like knitting with steel unfortunately. Anyway, the Norwegian gloves are now history although they'll come back with a softer yarn at a later date.



Instead I've cast on the Regia self-patterning Jacquard yarn to make a pair of basic gloves as I seem to need a more mindless pattern these days. I'm going to be a good girl and stick to a maximum of four projects on the needles at all times.





I am FINALLY on the last pattern repeat for the back piece of St. Enda. This sweater is going to be huge! Perfect for outerwear for me or DH for playing in the snow.



Speaking of snow, here are some cross-country ski socks I made for DH out of naturally colored handspun wool yarn purchased on Ebay. I made up the pattern as I went - using patterns from an Elizabeth Zimmerman book and decreasing down the back of each leg.