I've decided to go on a knitting fast (i.e., no more purchasing knitting supplies) for Lent and probably longer. I'd been meaning to try to reduce my stash. I've always secretly wondered just how low I can get my stash before I start shaking violently and speaking incoherently so maybe this is my big opportunity. Actually patterns, magazines, and books are my weakness but I'm pretty well caught up on all the current books I want.



Besides my four current WIPs (Norwegian gloves, stash Spontaneous Scarf, St. Enda, Trondheim) I have the yarn for some projects waiting in the wings including the Hebridean yarn for the Alice Starmore Celtic Keynot Cushion.







And here is some merino I dyed with Kool Aid then spun and plyed. I'm going to add some undyed merino and make the Spin-Off Entrelac socks.











I'm also thinking of making the Nova Scotia or Cape Cod sweater from Alice Starmore's Fishermen's Sweaters in dark green Nylamb from the stash and if I ever spin up all this alpaca I should have enough for an afghan. I have the Tiur to make the Dale of Norway Kashmir sweater and I have enough colors of Wildfoote to make the Spring socks with all the embroidery from Socks, Socks, Socks. I have some red and black alpaca for some mittens for my friend Joelle and I also plan some fast and easy gloves in Regia fair isle yarn. I have already separated oddball skeins of yarn to make about 3 or 4 more Spontaneous Scarves.