Here's a sillly photo of Bosco the cat and Flip the rabbit goofing off.



I'm greatly enjoying the Harald mittens. I have to remember that I enjoy texture work as much as colorwork and try to keep some sort of texture project going at all times. I do think there is a mistake in the pattern though - if you look at Viking Patterns for Knitting you'll see that both the sock and mitten have the same number of cast on stitches along with the same yarn and needle size. In the photos the sock cuff is obviously larger. Anyway, size 3 needles seem to be working out well. The yarn is a gorgeous color and I really have to get photos taken tomorrow.



Those of you who aren't on a "Lenten no-knitting-supply fast" immediately get yourselves over to Interweave's annual Clearance Sale ASAP. This is where I bought Aran Knitting for $19 last year. There are some excellent bargains on knitting books and old issues of Interweave Knits for $2.98. And while you all shop I'll sit here and pout.