I was reading Chris' blog about her experiments with stranding and weaving while knitting with colors and her Easter sweater. I am a strander - generally any float 5 stitches or more gets stranded. I've never done the Philosopher's Wool method of weaving each color with each stitch but I did receive some socks done with this method in an exchange. They were quite sturdy - the fabric is more like woven fabric than knitted fabric - and the second color does occasionally peek through to the front side.



I still sometimes have tension problems - check this out.









This is the bunnies and carrots hat from Naked Sheep done in Nature Spun worsted. You can see that between each bunny there is a tension problem and no amount of blocking would fix it. I learned that if I have to do really long floats I'm better off not weaving them in at all and then going back and tacking the floats down on the back of the work with a needle and thread. Learning how to knit with both hands really helped improve my tension as well as my knitting speed.