Nordasno Mittens



These are the Nordasno mittens from Nordic Fiber Arts in Rauma Istra I believe. I could tell that the mittens were going to be way too long so I chopped off the pattern repeat on the top and just started decreasing. They fit the recipient perfectly although they do look a bit weird.

Although my self-imposed Lenten yarn and knitting book "fast" has been difficult, I do believe I'm going to extend it past Easter. I do like the idea of having less yarn and the credit card balance will appreciate it also.

I have often worried about running out of yarn which is silly because I have enough yarn to last me several years. Even stranger, I sometimes worry that not buying new yarn and patterns will make me lose my interest in knitting. It is good to challenge these erroneous beliefs. One thing that has helped is to keep a list of future projects to refer to when I wonder what to make next. I started putting future projects (yarn and pattern) in a drawer in our armoire to keep me motivated with new ideas.