The blue/green Spontaneous Scarf is done. I have the yarn for a purple one and I'm wondering though if I might not enjoy a purple Spontaneous pillow more. I'd use this technique for an afghan (DH keeps requesting one) but I'm worried about knitting an afghan I have to hand wash. I guess it is no big deal.



I got a fun book from the library - 100 Afghan Squares to Knit by Debbie Abrahams. Essentially this book is a collection of blankets and throws done in individual squares. I don't know why I couldn't just do something like this with the various stash yarns I'm using up for the scarves. Just pick a particular size for each block then use stitch patterns, patterned knitting, etc., to make a bunch of blocks and seam them together. It sounds kind of fun and in the book she even has beads and sequins in some of her afghans. I'm not sure how well those would work on the couch but I really think I should try to be more creative and just start knitting stuff up. I did see how she seamed her afghans and she uses the mattress stitch and the fake kitchener (Montse Stanley's name) to seam together tops of rows to each other.







Here is St. Enda in progress. I've decided I want to finish by mid-May - I think I can do the front piece and the collar in a month if I don't get sidetracked. DH has been busy lately so there will be more uninterrupted knitting time.