Spontaneous Scarf







Yep - that is a Spontaneous Scarf you see! The pattern is in the Winter issue of Spin-Off but basically you cast on until you're sick of casting on, then knit in seed stitch lengthwise with a different yarn each row. Go wild and use up all your odds and ends of different fibers and weights. I add on the fringe as I begin & end each side - I just tie a knot every four ends. I just love these - totally mindless knitting but fun to constantly add new fibers and play around with colors. In fact I'm using my Tracy Eicheim spindle right now to spin up some single play mohair/wool hand-dyed wool just to use for another Spontaneous Scarf. Bet you can't knit just one.

Today was a gorgeous day so I sat outside and combed out a lot of the gray alpaca fleece. It is full of VM (vegetable matter - i.e., hay, burrs, etc) so it is best to do this outside. As I was combing I would occasionally let some fly loose in the wind. The neighborhood birds are going to have the softest nests. I still don't know what I'll do with this alpaca when it is finally processed into yarn. Well I'm off until Monday! Hopefully there will be some excellent knitting time this weekend.