Virtual Yarns now has a kit for my favorite Alice Starmore sweater of all time - Lismore from Celtic Collection. I could buy yarn for 2-3 sweaters for the price of the kit though. The colors are slightly different in the VY version but I think I like the new colors better (look at the cushion colors to see the difference).













I don't really knit with mohair a lot and I'm not sure I like spinning it either. But it definitely dyes up beautifully as this photo shows. The colors were more brilliant on the mohair than on the merino top. I suspect I'll enjoy spinning this more and the eventual yarn can always be used for a Spontaneous Scarf.



For those of you who live in the area, May 17 and 18 is the Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta at the fairgrounds. Not as exciting as Maryland Sheep & Wool of course, but it is better than nothing. The feature display this year at the Fiber Arts Fiesta is a huge bead quilt to commemorate Sept. 11 done by hundreds of beadworkers around the world. I doubt they'll let me take pictures to put on the blog but I'll bring a camera to perhaps photograph some of the demos.