Have you seen Elsebeth Lavold's web site yet? She has kits for items not in her book Viking Patterns for Knitting - check out the accessory kits HERE. I'm going to send an email stating I'd like the Lodose mitten pattern (with fun double cables) in English. I probably could get by with the Swedish pattern - the chart is really what I need.



I'm reading Vivian Hoxbro's Domino Knitting (What a tiny tiny book - I'm glad I got it out of the library instead of purchasing it. I think I'll buy the Horst Shulz book instead.) and I'm now planning to use up some unwanted Lamb's Pride superwash worsted oddballs to knit up some of the samplers into hotpads. I have some odd colors of Lamb's Pride which I'd like to use up. I've never been a great fan of this yarn after a pair of cabled socks I made almost disintegrated in the washing machine. I'm looking forward to trying a new knitting technique.







Every year at Taos Wool Festival I go straight to the Elsa Sheep & Wool booth and buy some of the softest, most brilliant white yarn. It is Cormo (a hybrid of Corriedale and Merino?) and it is amazing. I did not dye it in my recent Easter egg dyeing adventures because I want to keep it white and I don't want to compromise its incredible softness in any way. I occasionally think of using it for those wonderful Austrian-patterned knee socks in Socks, Socks, Socks . Does anyone else lust after those socks or is it just me? I'm not sure I want to spend that much time on a pair of socks that are just going to get holes in them sooner or later.