Here is a photo of the oak niddy-noddy DH made for me. Isn't it wonderful? I am hoping to talk him into making me a book charkha from the directions in an old issue of Spin-Off.



I really love Spin-Off. I find more knitting creativity and inspiration in this magazine than in any knitting magazine. For instance, the Spring 2003 issue of Spin-Off has an article on knitting long strips, coiling them, and sewing together to make sweaters that fit. It is a refreshing change from all of the "beginner garter stitch scarf on size 13 needle" stuff in most of the knitting magazines. I don't know how all these new knitters are going to become experienced knitters if they never have any advanced or complicated or exceptionally creative designs to inspire them.



Not much knitting to report except about 1 1/2 rows on St. Enda this weekend. I hope to do more spinning as the weather warms up. Perhaps I'll have some time this week to take my wheel out onto our wonderful back patio and spin up some alpaca.