As you remember about a month ago I ordered the intarsia sock patterns from Borealis Sweaterscapes. I have been having this intarsia craving and have been quite excited to get started on some socks. I hadn't received the patterns yet although I received an email confirming the order. So I wrote them back a few days ago asking about my order and forwarded the confirmation email. Today I heard back that they looked and looked and couldn't find my order anywhere and that they've never lost an order before. They said they were sorry and were sending my order to me tomorrow free of charge. Isn't that nice?



I have to figure out a way to continue to knit stuff for the House Rabbit Society while at the same time doing my other knitting. I may just limit my HRS knitting to the weekend. That time is typically less optimal for any kind of knitting requiring concentration because DH is home so it may work out. I'm not quite sure I'm that organized though. I have knit four hats and two pairs of mittens for them so far and will send them out tomorrow.



I'm also waiting on an order from the Joy of Handspinning. The week before Flip died I ordered some black wool and silk roving. I was thinking I could blend that with the fur I've collected from him over the years but now I've changed my mind. I experimented and spun some of Snickerdoodle's fur (also a short-hair rabbit) on a spindle and I can spin up enough to make a small bell or Christmas stocking. I will do that will all the pets to have something to touch to remember them by long after they've got to that big food dish in the sky. Here is some angora handspun on the spindle which looks similar to what I'm getting with the various pet furs I'm trying. It isn't a great yarn and sheds but should work just fine for my purposes.