Like many other knitters this time of year, I am suffering from a severe case of

startitis. Last week I seriously considered joining Stasia's Creatures of the Reef

Shawl knitalong. Fortunately I came to my senses and realized I hate to knit lace.

I like the finished product but I don't like doing it. Several times I've been at the

brink of the keyboard ready to order some yarn for Na Craga. And yesterday

I ordered supplies to make not one but two pairs of Sanquhar gloves. Along with

the yarn to make Lucy Neatby's Paradoxical mittens. And I had to restrain myself from ordering the Koigu to make Lucy's Fiesta Feet socks. It has been like that on an almost daily basis for a week or so.



How do the rest of you combat startitis? My current method is to keep a file folder

with some future project wannabes in it. And in my knitting journal I keep a list of

future projects as well. That way when I feel the need for a new project I'll add it

to the line-up but hold off on actually starting it. When I finish a project I look through my folder and journal and see what I want to start next.



So this method sounds really good, right? I still manage to talk myself into starting too many new projects and I'm getting close to giving in and starting the mitered mittens from a recent Cast On in some hand-dyed yarn. I did finish two projects - the cat fur scarf and another bunnies and carrots hat but both Trondheim and Malin languish in the knitting basket, untouched and unloved.



Snickerdoodle and Bosco are completely unconcerned with all this knitting angst.