My Starmore Book Collection

Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' Knitting in the Old Way and Sheila McGregor's Fair Isle book are available for pre-ordering from NeedleArts Bookshop. If you pre-order you save on shipping and both of these books have been out of print (and were going for stupendous prices on Ebay). Knitting in the Old Way has been re-published by Schoolhouse Press but I don't understand why all their books are over $40. Also, Knitter's has a new Aran book coming out. Oh the temptations for a bookaholic like me. I did buy a copy of Threads Knitting Around the World at a local used bookstore last weekend for $7. It was the only Threads series book I didn't have and has not one but two articles by Alice Starmore.



Speaking of books and Alice Starmore, are you jealous yet? From the top left to right we have Fishermen's Sweaters, Celtic Collection, In the Hebrides, Aran Knitting, The Children's Collection, Stillwater, Tudor Roses & Fair Isle Knitting. The only one I'm missing is Pacific Coast Highway which I doubt I'll ever find. I thought I'd photograph these in case my house ever burns down and I need to explain to the insurance company why I need a million dollars to replace a couple of knitting books.