It is so brown here - I hope we get lots of rain soon.







I spoke too soon about the chart for the Paradoxical Mittens being finicky. It is actually quite easy knitting that you can memorize - you just have to figure out when the diamonds start but otherwise the knitting will just fly off the needles. So the chart is indeed non-repetive but not complicated as I originally thought. I'm sure I will need more yarn to finish them though so I will order that today. 2 skeins of Jamieson & Smith jumperweight will not do it.



I doubt I'll keep these mittens for myself. They will go in the knitting box - my solution for knitting for others. I put various items in a container and let friends and family choose what they want. That way I don't end up knitting items on demand or knitting things I don't like. The only item currently in the knitting box is the Bea Ellis Telemark headband.