Bosnian Mittens




Here's a photo of the Bosnian mittens from a kit from Blackberry Ridge Farm that I gave away to a friend for her early morning runs. They were quite easy to knit and very warm. I did a little embroidery on the front of the mitten with the red color to jazz them up.

I am really enjoying the look of the Spontaneous Scarf. I'm doing it in reds from my stash in a variety of fibers and yarn weights with a lot of hand spun and Kool Aid dyed yarn. I may do a wider version as a stole next. A while back I had Sally Melville's Styles checked out from the library and she suggested to organize your yarn stash by color instead of yarn weight. Just the exercise of taking all the odd balls of yarn in my stash and organizing them by color range has had a wonderful result. I notice I really enjoy looking at baskets of yarn in one color range - the colors really pop out more.

It will most likely be a pretty boring knitting week. I'm on the plain part of the first Trondheim sleeve.