Nagano Child's Hat




Here's a photo of the Dale of Norway Nagano child's hat.

Second FO of 2003 - I've finished the Maida's Mittens from Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia in Richesse et Soie cashmere/silk and Nylamb wool/nylon. I took some photos today and need to get the film developed.

Back to Sirdal. I need to be accountable for the three goals I had for the Productive Spinners list - spin up the 4 oz combed alpaca (done), finish the main pattern on Sirdal (almost done), and do one entire pattern repeat on St. Enda. Haven't even touched it as I was distracted by knitting two pairs of mittens last week. Still I am more productive so that's a good thing. I have to report on my progress to Productive Spinners by Wednesday so maybe I can get some more done on my goals by then.

Has anyone noticed that there are rarely any patterns for stranded colorwork in any of the major knitting magazines anymore? I wonder if the newfound popularity of handpainted and self-patterning yarns means less people are interested in colorwork. Fortunately Dale of Norway is still turning out incredible designs - I can't wait for the Turino Olympic sweater design. And Bonnie Franz has started a newsletter called Stranded for those of us who love colorwork.