Solhav Mittens

I'm almost finished with the Dale of Norway Sirdal cardigan. All I have left to do is the front steek, knit the button band, knit the collar and attach the buttons. It is such a relief to finish a big project!

Although I have no new projects (unbelievable!) I have two less WIPs. I decided to rip out the Best of Show socks as I wanted my size 0 RCN double pointed needles. Plus let's face it the socks used three colors a row. Then I used the needles to work on Kalev's mittens from Folk Knitting in Estonia. I got to the yarnover braid and took them to a friend's house where I somehow screwed up on the row. I like the other methods of braiding in that book but the yarnover braid is quite difficult to rip out. I ended up with almost ten less stitches after I did the braid. So I wisely decided to cease the project and get back to my other projects.

DH & I went on a hike yesterday and as it was quite cold and windy, he wore his Solhav mittens. These are from a kit from Nordic Fiber Arts with Rauma Strikkegarn. They turned out nice and puffy and are quite warm. Here's the photo: