When thinking of my efforts at stash control I realized I am not as good about using up unspun fibers. A few months ago I did some Kool Aid dyeing and I have some red and orange merino top ready to spin pictured above. Not to mention this wonderful stuff below. It is a selection of all different colors of dyed Ashford wool from Halcyon Yarn that I've had for several years. I plan to spin each color up and Navajo ply it. Perhaps if I choose a knitting project using it I'd get it done faster?







I do spin more in warmer weather and it has been snowy and cold lately. But I think I'd get more done if I designated a particular time of day or particular event (like watching rented movies) that will coincide with spinning. A friend of mine recently learned needle felting so I was happy to give her the rest of my raw fleeces. I don't really like working with raw fleeces anymore as carding is too tough on my wrists.



In the unspun category I have the pictured fibers, the alpaca, some llama top, kid mohair, and a few dribbles of silk and hemp. I also have some cotton sliver, both white and some natural colors but I'm not adept enough at spinning cotton yet. Plus I have a Rubbermaid container full of collected pet fur I should probably use or get rid of before our next move.



And I forgot to mention I have two grab bags of Cascade 220 I purchased from One Fine Yarn in my worsted yarn container. Great colors - I used some hot pink, orange, lime greeen and blue to make some of Anna Zilboorg's fingertip-up gauntlet mittens. Didn't manage to get a photo before I gave them away so I guess I should make another pair.