Salt Lake City Olympic Sweater

Here's a photo of my favorite knitting project of all time, the Dale of Norway Salt Lake City Olympic sweater done in Heilo in the deepest navy colorway.

.


Here's a photo of the back of the sweater. I made this for DH and I believe he has worn it once. I couldn't even convince him to wear it when we went to Santa Fe to see the Olympic Torch. I keep it at eye level in our closet though to ogle it since I love the colors and the design.




I'm starting to think it is a good idea to economize on smaller projects. For something like socks I'll use stash yarns, even yarns that are different fibers or weights, and I'll use a mishmash of needles. This is a good thing as I would like to use up more of my stash and make more small items for gifts.

But for larger projects I'm going to spend some time on like sweaters I'm going to try to pamper myself a bit and use better yarns and needles. In that vein yesterday I ordered myself one Addi Natura circular needle and one Clover Bamboo circular needle for the upcoming Trondheim sweater.