I have the most wonderful knitting location in this new house. The only place in the living room to put the couch was right in front of the south-facing bank of windows. The house is passive-solar and we get a lot of sun so sometimes I have to put the shades down or my neck starts to bake. The abundance of natural light streaming from behind while I'm knitting is so nice for my eyes tired from staring at little charts all day. Lately it has been unseasonably warm so I open the windows behind me while knitting for fresh air. All the pets sleep in the afternoon and my new neighborhood is unbelievably quiet. I'm not sure I could manufacture a more serene and ideal knitting spot.



Yesterday I organized my knitting supplies. I returned all stray needles and skeins of yarns to their storage containers. I put all my knitting files in the desk file drawer.