I am relieved to announce that the Sanquhar gloves are finished. The project itself was fun but I am relieved that I didn't sit on those oh-so-nasty size 00 sharp metal dpns during the process. I am now working on the Blackberry Ridge Halloween socks and it feels like knitting with broomsticks and rope in comparison.



I am very grateful for the Sanquhar pattern online and I didn't find any typos in the charts. My gauge kept changing around while working on them (I blame the Red Sox) but it isn't terribly noticeable. Today I took tons of photos of the gloves - on my hand, inside out, finger gussets, etc., so I hope they turn out. I'll have them on my blog next week.



I also took photos of the completed Vinternatt mittens from Nordic Fiber Arts - here is a photo of the mittens in progress. I was originally worried that there wouldn't be enough contrast in the colors I chose but actually I am quite fond of the way they turned out. I made the size small (thinking they would be good for a gift for a kid) and had an entire skein of the main color left over.