Instead of the usual Friday pet photos today I thought I'd show some animal photos from the Taos Wool Festival - a black llama, some cute bunnies for sale, and some angora goats. Monday I'll have photos of the completed Dale baby cardigan - the colorful one with the bunnies and ducks and carrots and garden tools.







I'm doing the initials on the second Sanquhar gloves and hope to finish them by the end of the weekend. I'm getting a lot of knitting done with all the exciting extra-inning baseball games. I've decided to also make some Sanquhar socks. I have some J&S jumper weight yarn in black and white that I purchased to make another pair of gloves but I want to try socks instead.

Speaking of future projects, Mare has inspired me as usual. (She's the reason I went back and worked on the Lucy Neatby Paradoxical mittens.) She's now swatching the mitten pattern as a Paradoxical sweater! I was thinking of the striped hat on the cover of Vibeke Lind's Knitting in the Nordic Tradition done as a Paradoxical hat. I'll see what yarn I have that would work.

I've started on the Halloween socks. I adore Blackberry Ridge's yarn and their kits but the colors for the Halloween socks are brown and copper. I can live with the brown but had to substitute some orange from the stash for the pumpkins. Fortunately I have a lot of orange worsted weight yarn from making all those Bunnies & Carrots hats.