I finished the Koigu Cross-Stitch Scarf. Thanks Theresa for recommending this pattern - I know my mom will love it. I ran out of one of the skeins of Koigu so wasn't able to finish three repeats of the pattern as the kit specified but I enjoyed the knitting and it was really nice to have a knitting project that did not require a chart. I decided not to fringe the scarf with just the one color as I like how both colors look together.



The same thing happened with the J&S jumper weight yarn I recently purchased (in skeins, not balls). I only had enough of one color to finish half of the second Paradoxical mitten but I have plenty of the second color. Go figure. I'm so focused on finishing projects it is really quite strange having to wait for more yarn when you're about done.







Here is the San Francisco de Asis church in Ranchos de Taos which some say is the most painted and photographed church in N.M. It was built between 1772 and 1816 and the massive adobe walls are four feet thick and need "re-mudding" annually by the descendants of the original builders. Georgia O' Keefe and Ansel Adams made this simple church famous. Services are still conducted but it is open to visitors. If you can manage a tour you can also see the Mystery Painting inside the rectory.







They use sheepskins to smooth down the finishing coat of sand and water on all outside surfaces of the church when they do the annual re-mudding. I tried to show the actual straw used in the adobe in this photo of DH. If you want to see some terrific photos of this church in all different lights which include the often photographed buttresses on the back exterior, go HERE.