What are your favorite knitting needles? My hands-down favorite double pointed needles are the French RCN (Rhodo-Crystal Nacre) needles which are exactly the same as Pony Pearls except the tips are much pointier. I had the foresight to buy a lot of RCNs about 10 years ago from Patternworks.



I finished the Halloween socks using Pony Pearls and their bluntness is just downright annoying. I also really liked the Balenes dpns (simulated whale bone I guess) which are now impossible to find. They do break easily which is why I only have a few half sets but had the best needle tips I've ever used.



I don't actually have a favorite circular needle. My first choice is to use needles from my Denise Needlemaster set but they only go down to size 5. I started on the Koigu Cross-Stitch Scarf today and I was having some problems using Addi Turbos. The yarn was slipping all over the place and splitting and I really had to slow down. I am now using the Denise needles instead as they are less blunt.



I found it disheartening that I couldn't find a single pair of glove needles (about 5") in size 00 or 000 for when I knit the Sanquhar gloves.



All this discussion on knitting needles is putting Snickerdoodle the rabbit to sleep.