I'm trying to finish up the baby cardigan and I'm doing the button placket/neck band and I get to the following instructions: "beg inc 2 sts every other R on each side of neck line at front opening edges, leaving 2 sts between inc sts and working inc sts into pattern as shown in photo." Perhaps it is too late at night but the pattern for the neckband is a 4 st pattern and I have no clue how to increase 2 sts in it every other row and stay in pattern. I think I'll wait until tomorrow and graph it out. I love Dale of Norway patterns but I have to say that sometimes the patterns drive me crazy.



Thanks to Lisa and Cindy who both found me some terrific vegetable buttons to use. I'm waiting until I actually do the buttonholes to see which ones will fit.



Carron asked on my tagboard last week about adding a team's name to a knitted work. To add letters to knitting, first you need an alphabet to work with. Look for any cross stitch book at your local library and you will find some alphabets to choose from. Then get some graph paper and graph out your letters. At this point you can either knit in the letters or duplicate stitch them on. If you're putting letters on something that is knit bottom up like mittens or socks, remember to graph out the letters upside down. Been there, done that...



Janet asked in my comments about the colorway I'm using for Kashmir. It is Colorway III using Tiur grape 5172 as the main color and the three contrast colors are true red 4027, terra cotta 3436, and olive 9853.



Alderson Hospitality House needs more yarn according to their current newsletter. Here's what it says: "Prison Yarn Project. We need your help in providing yarn for the prisoners at FPC Alderson. Each year, women at the prison take donated yarn and transform it into sweater, hats, blankets, scarves and mittens for the needy children and senior citizens in the Alderson area. It's a project in which everyone wins - the women learn a new skill, occupy idle hours and provide warm clothing to needy people. Skeins of yarn that may be sitting around your house could keep somebody warm this winter. Please send yarn to: AHH, Box 579, Alderson, WV, 24910."



Snickerdoodle went to the vet again today (boy is he irritated with me) and he's getting better fortunately. He still needs a lot of TLC though.