I finished the first Paradoxical Mitten by Lucy Neatby. The really unusual thing about these mittens is that they are anatomical - one side slopes down more from the fingertips than the other just like the human hand. There was a somewhat fussy three needle bind off to finish off the top shaping; you have to first put the stitches on four different stitch holders, then turn the work inside out, then put the stitches back on the needles and do the bind off. I think a simple Kitchener would have looked better even though the stripe colors wouldn't match up. Maybe I'm just lazy. The pattern said you should do the same thing for the thumb but I didn't.



The photo shows the beginning of the mittens and the colors of J&S shetland I chose - kind of a cantaloupe orange and a medium purple. I may keep these for myself. I'm probably going to run out of yarn so I may not finish these this week. I also think I'm going to run out of yarn for the Sanquhar gloves so I'll order that at the same time.









Here is the Koigu I got from Simply Knit for the Cross-Stitch Scarf although the colors are a bit off in the photo. The skein to the right has a few undyed spots - I'm not sure if this is normal for Koigu or not as I've never used it. It is really soft and I'm looking forward to getting started on the scarf. Theresa is completely responsible for me starting this particular project and now her shadow knit sweater from Shelridge Farms has my interest piqued again.



I'll start doing the Taos Wool Festival photo tour tomorrow. I should have quite a few photos so they may last the whole week. We'll see how they turn out.