Taos Wool Festival

All of my photos of the Taos Wool Festival turned out well so I hope you'll bear with me as I show them this week.

Here's a photo of some of the tents (and the mud).



Here is where I spent most of my money - Elsa Sheep & Wool. She raises Cormo sheep in Bayfield, Colorado (where I used to live). The booth has some terrific softer than soft knitted items and this year had some adorable Aran baby garments.




But the main reason I like the booth is the gorgeous Cormo yarn sold spun either worsted or woollen in two weights located behind the smiling woman tending the booth. In front of her are some neat crocheted flowers. I may try to come up with some knitted flowers one day. I have decided on two projects with the Cormo yarn - the Aran Sandal Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks and the Aran Island mittens from Folk Mittens. I can't wait to get started.



Debbi at TrixieChick also has some Taos photos. And Mary is starting some Sanquhar gloves - check out her gauge swatch photos HERE.