I made it to Taos Wool Festival after all. I was there Saturday afternoon and Kit Carson Park was incredibly muddy. As a result the festival wasn't too crowded. I took an entire roll of film of pygora goats and the wool judging competition and some neat crocheted flowers and a triangle loom and some spinning and weaving demos, etc. The photos will be ready in about a week.



DH saw Tracy Eicheim's (Woolly Designs) booth in the muddiest area but all I saw were Majacraft spinning wheels - none of his wonderful spindles. I also didn't see Marcie Dark from DFK Ranch with her Shetland fleeces. Most of my favorite vendors were there including Elsa Sheep & Wool of the most wonderful Cormo yarn and knitted items and Fire Ant Ranch where I learned how to spin about 6 years ago.



All I purchased was a Taos Wool Festival 20th anniversary t-shirt with a ram on the front (I have about 6 other t-shirts from previous Taos wool festivals) and some more of my favorite Cormo yarn. This stuff is so soft! They had it in two weights and spun worsted or woollen. I plan to use it to make the Aran Island mittens from Folk Mittens. I originally planned to buy a swift and saw some at both La Lana Wools and Weaving Southwest but we need to pay Snickerdoodle's veterinary bills instead. He did fine being alone all day. Snickerdoodle was chasing Pumpkin the cat today growling (yes, rabbits can growl) so I assume he is recovering.



The long drive to Taos netted one result - I finally finished the Dale baby cardigan. As usual the button band took twice as long as I expected on size 0 needles but it turned out well. The sweater is for my friend Lisa who is due in December. I hope she has a girl because this cardigan would work better for a girl baby I think. You can decide when you see how it turned out.



Here's my stash container for yarn odds and ends. I want to start another Spontaneous Scarf. Which colors do you think I should use?