Tomorrow I will have photos of the first Sanquhar glove. I cut through the hand to shorten them (and I get to knit the four fingers again) but you'll get the general idea. I did a more decorative cuff than the corrugated ribbing in the Japanese pattern.



Okay I admit it. I never wash swatches before starting a project. (I do swatch though... usually.) If I had I would have learned that the Norwegian Sport wool fuzzes up quite a bit after a run in the washing machine partially obscured the colorwork on the Dale baby cardigan. sigh It is also a rather slippery yarn and some of the yarn ends worked themselves loose. Considering I used 20 different yarns in the project and only knotted the yarns in the steek areas, I'm not sure I can give this sweater to the recipient. I adore my friend Lisa but she'll never hand wash a baby sweater. I am glad I decided to try machine washing the sweater before I sent it to her. I guess I'll have to knit and send a baby Aran instead.









I'm almost finished with the Vinternatt mittens (yarn pictured above) from Nordic Fiber Arts and the second one will be done tonight during the baseball playoffs. I chose the small size so I will have more smallish items in my knitting basket for kids and teens. My knitting basket holds various projects I just feel like doing - people can choose what items they like from it. It works better for me than specific knitted gifts.



I see Mare is now having a mitten attack after all that shadow knitting. She has inspired me to return to to my Paradoxical mittens and also to finish the Sanquhar gloves. The gloves are for me but the mittens will go in the knitting basket.